Motion Sensors & Detectors
The ‘eyes’ of your security system when you can’t be there.
Motion Sensors or Detectors can turn on flood lights, sound the alarm, or signal your cameras to start recording if there is an intruder in your home. We recommend PIR (Passive Infrared Motion Detectors) that sense motion of body heat.
- Pet Immunity Mode
- Will prevent false alarms from your pets, based on weight, when the cross the path of the motion detector.
- Detection Zone
- Depending on the placement, a sensor can cover 90, 180, 270 or even a 360 degree zone.
- Detection Range
- What distance do you need to cover?
- Look-Down Zones
- With a ‘look down’ mirror, an intruder cannot slip under the path of the detector.
- Mounting Flexibility
- Make sure that the device you choose can be mounted in the areas that you need – walls, corners and ceilings.
- Some detectors can be disabled by using a magnet. Tamperproof means that you’re protected.
- Wired or Wireless
- A wired motion detector doesn’t depend on the signal or strength of the WiFi connection. Although easier to install, a wired detector can often be more reliable.